Storing your RV this season? Storing these large items can be a challenge, but with the right steps you can keep your RV ready for the next road trip in storage. Here at Better Boxes Self Storage we offer tips to store your valuables, business needs, and seasonal equipment. This month we are focusing on Fort Mill SC RV parking tips. Learn what is helpful to remember when storing your large items.
RV Parking Storage Tips
- A proper cover will keep dirt and rain off your RV while in storage.
- Always remember to change the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles; before storing for a few months is a perfect time to change the old oil and filter.
- Disconnecting the battery is most important if your RV or vehicle will be sitting for an extended period of time. The rule of thumb is longer then 30 days, remove the battery.
- Take any snacks from the cabinets or fridge with you and leave the fridge door open. Mold can grow in cool dark places, do not let your fridge be the source of mold in your RV.
- Critters look for a warm place during the winter and inside your RV should not be one. Close windows and seal any vents from the outside.
- Replace broken seals around the door and windows.
Better Boxes Self Storage has all indoor temperature controlled storage units. Even though our storage units are best for boxes, paperwork, and household items, we can guide you through the process of preparing your RV for parking. As your schedule gets busier and the holidays come, now is the time to organize and prepare your gear for storage.
When you need a place to keep your extra dishware or your outdoor equipment, Better Boxes Self Storage can be a solution. Start your storage rental online or by giving us a call.