WHY ORGANIZATION MATTERS
January 5th, 2017
Are you overwhelmed with organizing your house? Better Boxes Self Storage has fun and easy tricks to keep every room in your house neat and tidy. Make organization your 2017 New Year’s resolution and you will be surprised how easy it is to keep it up. Look below for our best methods for straightening up your home.
- Don’t overload your bookshelves with knick-knacks. Your shelves should have a majority of books, cd’s, and DVD’s.
- Keep unwanted cords out of sight with a charging station. Designate one area of your living room to charge your items.
- Magazine racks can be helpful to keep the growing stack off your coffee table. Discard old magazines after you have read them.
- Tidy up as you move through the house. If you’re passing from room-to-room pick up articles as you go. Don’t leave toys laying around if you are passing the toy chest on your way out of the family room.
- Use your wall space wisely in the bathroom. Add shelves above the door or toilet for towels, products or toilet paper.
- Go through the medicine, cosmetics, and cleaning supplies on a regular basis and discard expired items.
- Hang towels behind the door to keep towels dry and gets rid of clutter in your bathroom.
- Under your sink can become messy fast so, keep similar objects in separate baskets.
- Recycle or donate unwanted toys.
- Organize this room with clear bins so youngsters know exactly where their favorite toys is and clean up is a breeze.
- Add labels to bins to help make clean up time fast and headache free.
- Asking family members to buy tickets to the zoo or museums for special holidays rather than toys will help cut down on an overabundance of toys
- Designate a specific spot for shoes and coats, preferably somewhere close to the entrance of the house.
- Together, a coat rack, shoe shelf, and bench will convert a doorway to your house into a mud room.
- Take advantage of track system shelving. This gives you the freedom to customize your shelves to fit the needs of your family.
- Use old school lockers or cubbies for sports equipment and outside family activities.
Don’t let organization get you down this winter. Stay on top of it with Better Boxes Self Storage. Stop in or call us with help on your next organizing project; we have the on-site supplies to help!