August 6, 2021
Movers Guide to Living in Fort Mill, SC
Moving to Fort Mill, SC, or near Rock Hill? Our neighborhood is one of the top places to raise your family in South Carolina. With excellent public school systems and friendly neighborhoods to purchase a home, you can see why Fort Mill is a great place to call home. Learn more about living, working, and enjoying this great community along the Carolinas’ state border!
Get To Know Fort Mill, SC
This sparse Charlotte suburb is unique and quite the places to visit. Highly-rated public schools like Springfield Middle School or Pleasant Knoll Elementary School are some of the reasons young families move to Fort Mill. Our close proximity to Charlotte, NC, is another draw for young professionals. It is said that Fort Mill is one of the fastest-growing communities in the state!
Things to Do in York County, SC
This area is also known for the annual spring Strawberry Festival, which includes a pageant, golf tournament, car show, 5K race, and tons of local options for enjoying delicious homegrown strawberries. See what other exciting things there are to do in Fort Mill!
The Fort Mill History Museum is rich with stories of ole. Learn about the celebrities that lived here and made a name for themselves in Fort Mill. If you are looking for a little local theater, Fort Mill’s Community Playhouse produces and shows multiple theatrical performances throughout the year. Enjoy the latest comedy skits and support the local actors during their big shows!
Check Out Some of Fort Mill’s Favorite Eateries
- Local Dish – A family owned restaurant on Main Street, Local Dish serves “traditional Southern food with a modern twist.” Feast your eyes and your appetite on chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, scallops, pot pie, and more while you enjoy one of the garden-to-glass-cocktails.
- Killington’s Restaurant & Pub – This gastropub on Market Street is a casual spot for catching a game with friends, and there is something for everyone! Find kids’, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian menus.
- Napa at Kinsley – When you need a taste of Napa Valley but aren’t ready to book a flight, Napa at Kinsley can provide the feel of the vineyard and bold-tasting wines close to home.
- Towne Tavern – Any Buffalo Bills fans in the Fort Mill area? Towne Tavern is another local spot for watching sports, but this staff is certainly picking a favorite once football starts. The Coach’s Style wings are sure to please.
- The Improper Pig – Need a barbecue fix? Taking inspiration from around the globe, The Improper Pig celebrates all kind of barbecue and smoked meats.
Tega Cay, SC – This beautiful peninsula bordering Lake Wylie is a recreational dream! Tega Cay is a short 20-minute drive from Fort Mill SC and a summer getaway. Enjoy music with excellent views at the Tega Cay concert series starting in April. Each month a new band showcases their talents at Runde Park.
Charlotte, NC – Attractions, arts and culture, there is never a shortage of things to do in Charlotte or also known as the Queen City of North Carolina. Across state lines from Fort Mill, SC, Charlotte is an artistic, family-oriented community. Enjoy 10 Park Lanes, the local bowling alley, or 7th Street Public Market, for the area’s freshest produce and food.
Rock Hill, SC – The largest city in York County and Home of Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC, is a growing neighborhood with lots of opportunities. Fountain Park comes to life with the traveling food trucks every 3rd Friday of the month. Enjoy music and delicious options for lunch or dinner. Celebrate spring with the Come-See-Me-Festival or the Glencairn BloomFest. Explore this nearby city with rich history and exciting things to do!
Self Storage Near You
Moving to the area or relocating within a Fort Mill neighborhood? Our nearby storage units can help! Better Boxes Self Storage offers a variety of indoor storage units to assist with your move to the area. We have temperature-controlled storage to provide you with the ultimate protection for your items. Keeping storage in a consistent temperature range keeps moisture—and risks of damage—at bay. We can help you store while you search for your next home in York County.
Interested in learning more about our self storage facility in Fort Mill, SC? Call our office on Gold Hill Road at 803-547-5349 to talk to a storage expert. They can answer specific questions, give you storage unit sizing recommendations, and guide you along in the storage process.